Textual is an IRC client created specifically for OS X.
It was designed with simplicity in mind.
Textual includes two elegantly designed light and dark variants of the user interface to match all tastes. The user interface itself has been refined all the way down to the very last pixel. Everything has a place and a purpose and nothing is in the way to create clutter.
Powerful, yet lightweight
Textual supports very powerful modern technologies such as native IPv6, direct client-to-client file transfers, the latest IRCv3 specifications, client-side certificate authentication, and much, much more in a lightweight, easy to navigate, clutter free environment.
Privacy is valued
Sensitive information such as passwords are maintained within the OS X keychain which is encrypted. Additionally, text based encryption with automatic key-exchange using industry proven standards is available. Furthermore, all source code is publicly available for auditing at any time.
Textual also includes…
- Native fullscreen support
- Inline nickname colorization
- Rich array of keyboard shortcuts
- Address Book for tracking when friends are online & offline
- Powerful, customizable, rule-based ignore matching
- Inline media embedding (Show images inline with chat)
- Auto-Completion for nicknames, commands, and channels
- Growl and native Notification Center support
- Bold, color, italic, and underline text formatting
- Built in support for converting text emoticons to emojis
- Powerful ZNC integration for power users
- Many community created addons & styles
- Simple Authentication and Security Layer (SASL)
- SOCK4 and SOCK5 proxy support (with or without SSL)
- Support for sending self-signed certificates for authentication
- Support for validating and specifying trust for untrusted certificates
…and much, much more!